Effective Date: July 24, 2018
The Scooter’s Coffee Franchise System
What Information is Collected?
The information we may collect includes, but may not be limited to:
• Your contact information to register to receive our newsletter and other company related updates, promotions, opportunities, and materials from us, such as your first name, last name, phone number, and email address;
• Your username, password, and other information relevant to register for an account with Scooter’s Coffee;
• Your name, email, address, and birthdate to participate in Scooter’s Coffee rewards programs;
• For potential franchisees, your contact and financial information, such as your first name, last name, email address, current job title, physical address, general financial information, such as liquidity, assets, and net worth, and other information relevant to your qualifications for a Scooter’s Coffee franchise;
• For potential franchisees, information included in a Franchise Inquiry Form, such as your preferences for location, time of opening, how you heard about Scooter’s Coffee franchises, and details regarding your interest in applying for a Scooter’s Coffee franchise;
• For job applicants, contact information, disclosures, employment history, education, resumes/cover letters, and references, and other information relevant to your qualifications for an employment position with Scooter’s Coffee;
• Any information you provide when sending a message or contacting us regarding an inquiry, feedback, or other requests;
• Your transaction history relating to the use of our products and services;
• Your credit card and other payment information to process your purchases;
• Information regarding your browser and other technical specifications required to use our Site;
• Computer data or files, often called “cookies,” which may be sent by your web browser and stored on an individual computer to allow our server to “recognize” you through the navigation of the Site, to collect information on you, and to improve our Site.
• Computer data files, often called “web beacons” that are collected from emails or links on third-party sites that allow our server to evaluate the popularity of those links or the information contained in emails or on third-party sites; and
• Log data, or data your browser sends to us, that may include information such as your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser version, pages of our site visited, time and date of those visits, time spent on those pages, and other statistics to measure our website traffic and to help provide a more personalized experience.
How is User Information Used and Shared?
We collect information about you in order to provide you with services and products, and also to collect information that is necessary for the System to work properly. We use personal information about our users for a variety of purposes related to our business, including but not limited to:
• Allowing you to receive information from us regarding Scooter’s Coffee products, programs, or services;
• Tracking information about your visits to our Site or use of the System to allow us to provide better service;
• Using certain online preferences in the aggregate across all users to evaluate the System and develop additional products and services to offer;
• Sending or initiating direct marketing programs, such as newsletters or information about new products or services we are offering;
• Processing your franchise inquiry and contacting you regarding franchise opportunities;
• For potential franchisees, information may be shared with affiliates and service providers as part of Scooter’s Coffee consideration of your franchise inquiry or application, including for criminal and other background checks;
• Sharing information with our franchisees regarding your requests on the Site;
• Processing your job applications by sharing with the hiring manager, franchisee, and/or the Field Brand Consultant and contacting you regarding employment opportunities;
• Contacting you regarding an inquiry on the System that you have initiated;
• Using content from social media platforms where you discuss our products or use a hashtag related to our products;
• Providing information about your usage or preferences to our third-party vendors and providers;
• For any other purposes with your consent; and
We may share information, in the aggregate, regarding your online browsing preferences to evaluate our products or allow the third parties we work with to better serve our users.
We may provide user information to third-party service providers or vendors for purposes of, including without limitation, initiating direct marketing programs on our behalf, data tracking, maintenance or development of our System, development of online products, services, or customer service, or new product development, or other contracted promotional opportunities provided to our users. We will not share your information with third parties to directly market their products to you. We may share personally identifiable information with franchisees or our local business partners with whom we collaborate or work with to provide specific services to you. All financial information submitted in connection with a franchise inquiry will be kept confidential.
We may share this information with any subsidiaries, franchisees, licensees, suppliers, distributors, affiliates, assigns, successors, or other related entities and their respective owners. We may also share your personal information in connection with law enforcement requests or in response to investigations, subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims, including those of our franchisees, or as otherwise required by law.
We may also disclose your information to a third party as part of reorganization or a sale of the assets of Scooter’s Coffee, or its subsidiaries or divisions or the sale or transfer of any franchisee location to a new franchisee. Any third party to which Scooter’s Coffee transfers or sells the System or related assets will have the right to continue to use the personal and other information that you provide to us.
We may also use third-party vendors, such as Google Analytics, to advertise to our users online. These third-party vendors may display Scooter’s Coffee product advertisements on other websites based on your internet usage. More specifically, these vendors use first-party cookies, third-party cookies, and other tracking technologies, including but not limited to the Doubleclick cookie, Facebook Custom Audience, Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, and Facebook Connect, together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to the Site or another site affiliated with Scooter’s Coffee products or services. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising by using Google’s Ads Settings.
How Can Users Limit Information Collected?
While we work hard to use and disclose our users’ personal information only for the purposes identified above, you can choose not to provide personal information or limit the personal information obtained by us as follows:
• You may have your contact information removed from our marketing lists to inform users of new or relevant products, services, and special offers by clicking on the unsubscribe link in any communication received from us, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
• You may limit the collection of “cookies” through your browser settings. However, this may disable our ability to provide you with the most relevant products or information regarding the System; and
• You may limit the ability of Google Analytics to track your online activity, as outlined in the “Behavioral Advertising” section.
We maintain administrative, physical, and technical safeguards for all user information collected in our System. However, no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Site and System are not designed for children, and we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at email@example.com
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code § 1798.83 permits users that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. At this time, our website does not respond to Do Not Track signals.